Thursday, February 26, 2009

3 months old!

My little girl is 3 months old today, I can't believe we're here already! Lots of things have happened in the last month, we moved into our new house, Annelise and I went to a pottery class, and Annelise met her pediatrician here!

We love our new house, Annelise, it has two stories and you have your very own room! You're sleeping in a borrowed bed right now, hopefully you'll be in your crib by the time you're 4 months old. We still have a lot of unpacking to do, but I have a limited amount of time in which to unpack during the day because you require so much attention. Daddy bought a very large tv and you love to watch Sesame Street with me. You also love when people sing, you sang along with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift during the Grammys and be-bopped around when we watched the Oscars, as well.

You went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for your check-up and a couple of shots. You did so well when you got the shots, you only cried for a minute or so and then gave me a dirty look. After a short nap, you were ready to go again and were back to your old, talkative self that night. I took you back to the doctor this week because you had a diaper rash that wouldn't go away and you weigh 13 pounds now!! You're also 23.5" tall, that's almost two feet! You love your doctor, he's a total Doogie and you just smile at him and flirt away! I can't believe how big you've gotten, you don't fit into my arms the same way anymore.

You and I are attending a pottery class here in Misawa, it's interesting. I'm not very good at the potting thing and you had an explosive diaper during the first class. I had to change you on the cold bathroom floor with only the changing pad to protect you and you got very angry with me. You were much better this time and I was able to actually participate in the making of my vase. Mr. Ito did most of the work of shaping it, but I actually did a lot of the shaping of the bottom of it this week. We'll go back one more time in a few weeks to paint it and then Mayu will pick it up after it's fired.

Speaking of Mayu, she's our first Japanese friend! She works on base and leads a lot of the tours within the community that show the military folks cool thing about the area. Besides the pottery class, we've also gone grocery shopping with her in a Japanese grocery store and I'm hoping to start a survival Japanese class on Monday. There will be other excursions in the months to come, but I'll probably have to find a babysitter for you for some of them. I'd like to go to the used kimono shop but it's very dusty and you might get sick.

You've hit your 3-month growth spurt lately and are nursing more often than you used to. I love our time together while you eat, but this really cuts down on the time I have available to unpack our stuff. Daddy and I are ready to have everything set up and you want to be in the middle of it. You're only content in your bouncy seat for five or ten minutes and I just can't do most of this with you in the sling or baby bjorn. I can't wait for your swing and jumperoo to get here next month, you're going to love them so much!

You're officially out of your 0-3 months clothing, thankfully your 3-6 months clothes arrived in the mail this week. You have so many cute new clothes, I can't wait for you to wear them all. I had lots of fun dressing you up in all of your Valentine's Day outfits, now we need something for you to wear on St. Patrick's Day!

Your personality is ever-emerging, you make us smile all the time. You're more talkative than ever, with a wide range of sounds and volumes. You've also taught yourself to play peekaboo, in your own way. You cover your face with your left arm and then pull it down and smile. I LOVE when you do this and it made me so sad that you would only do it for your Daddy for a little while.

I love you so much, Annelise. I can't wait to see how you grow and change over the next month!

No comments: