Sunday, February 15, 2009


We're in our house, all of the stuff shipped from Clovis has arrived.  There were a few moments of panic when we couldn't find the legs to the dining table, but one of the 11 moving guys found them.  That's right, 11 guys came to move our stuff; they unloaded all 7 crates in less than 2 hours.  We were going to have them unpack the stuff too, but we just didn't know where we were going to put most of it!  We ended up running out and buying some storage stuff for the kitchen to use as an island/peninsula thing and will be buying something else for the utility room and probably something to put upstairs to hold towels.  This house only has closets in the bedrooms so there isn't a linen closet and because of the radiators there's a big space in each bedroom that we can't use.  That has proven to be a little frustrating, the computer is now downstairs instead of in the spare bedroom because otherwise there wouldn't be space for a bed in there!  This means that my dream of having all of the airplane stuff tucked away in a spare room has been dashed.  There are already signs of Fireball and aviation memorabilia sneaking in, such as the Fireball sign on top of the bookcases and the print of a WWII plane hanging in the living room.  And because John is perfectly happy with things decorated in this manner and because I went along with it in Clovis, he doesn't understand why I don't like it.  We'll have to meet in the middle, I'm just not sure where the middle is yet.  

Everything is going to fit, we're just going to have to be a little creative.  We don't have a lot of space to hang stuff, we can only put nails into 2x4's that are already on the walls and they're not on every wall.  We bought our new bed and a rug for the living room that will be delivered this week and we're going to buy the TV and order the new bedroom furniture later in the week.  I can't wait to get the new bed, Annelise takes after her Aunt Lusa and takes up as much space as possible in the bed so she doesn't get to sleep with us much.

We were supposed to go to the winter festival at Lake Towada today but had to skip out.  I came down with a stomach virus on Friday night and John got it yesterday.  He got hit a little harder than I did and is still laid up in bed, I got rid of it in about 24 hours.  My poor husband, the achiness sucks.

I can't wait to post about all of the milestones Annelise has hit lately, she's an amazing little girl!  But y'all have to wait till the 26th for that...


Jessica Kok said...

Hurray for housing!

Anonymous said...

If you REALLY want to hang things without nails use picture wire and the BIG 3M hooks. We had the same issue living off base in Korea...and they actually work REALLY well as long as you arent trying to hang something enormous. You will be amazed at how creative you will be after living in Asia and having to make things fit. So excited that you are in a house...happy unpacking!!! Hugs to that sweet baby girl!!!