Things have gotten much worse since my last post. Grandad is in septic shock, there is an infection somewhere in his body that has moved into his blood. They took some cultures to figure out what and where the infection is, but the cultures won't be back until sometime today. In the meantime, his blood pressure is really low so they can't give him much pain medication. Also because of his low BP, his organs are working very slowly and have started to shut down. At one point yesterday evening, they actually lost him and brought him back. They have started him on dialysis but are skeptical of how well it will work because of his blood pressure. Things are very not good.
My aunts and uncles are all in Memphis, as are most of the grandkids; I think Drew and I are the only ones still in Ennis. Drew couldn't get away from work and I couldn't make the car trip with Annelise. Having to stop and feed her every few hours would have lengthened the trip significantly and she's had a couple of fussy periods over the last few days that we've attributed to gas. She just screams and screams and the only thing that helps is to get her to burp or put her in her bouncy seat. Plus, we're just not quite ready to leave on Wednesday. We've got some last minute packing to do and we have to mail some stuff to ourselves (the AF will reimburse us for that). The general concensus is that Annelise and I should not delay our flight and let John go ahead. Getting through 2 Japanese airports with Annelise, her car seat and stroller, and four suitcases is not impossible, but it would require me meeting a lot of very helpful people. We decided to stick together and stay with our original plan, and my parents will be back here in time to take us to the airport.
That's it for now, I have lots of stuff to get done today...
1 week ago